"If you keep doing this... I don't care anymore!"
|Where Did You Go!? Dodo the Fairy|
|Japanese Title|| どこ行ったの!? 妖精ドド
Doko Ittano!? Yōsei Dodo
|Dub Title||A Runaway Fairy!|
|Air Date|| April 4th, 1999 (JP)
November 5, 2005 (US)
|Storyboard|| Hideki Hiroshima
|Episode Direction|| Hideki Hiroshima
|Animation Direction||Toshie Kawamura|
|Next Episode||Pinch! The Teacher Found Out!!|
|Previous Episode||Go to the Witch World!!|
Dodo runs away after Doremi grows angry with her constant screw ups. Will Doremi admit she was wrong and go find Dodo or will she remain a fairy-less witch?
Everyone returns to the Maho-do to celebrate Doremi's success. She is very happy, but expresses disappointment in the fact that the party is severely lacking. Majorika admits to them that there was actually a reason for this though, and explains how she felt it would be a good time to have them learn how to cast Magical Stage now that they have experience.
They go into the backyard and Majorika explains to them how Magical Stage works; including the fact that the girls all need to have a clear mind and focus entirely on what they are trying to do. The girls move to the correct positions afterwards and begin to cast Magical Stage, using it to summon a full table of party foods. Eagerly Doremi checks the food and is pleasantly surprised to find out that it is actually edible this time around- but before she can sink her teeth into the steak before her, Dodo proceeds to eat up everything.
Doremi starts to lament over this while Aiko and Hazuki notice that Magical Stage takes more Magic Spheres, and Majorika warns them not to use it unless necessary. They head inside to find Lala trying to teach the three yousei how to hide, in order to avoid being seen by the humans. Rere and Mimi are given support from Hazuki and Aiko, and due to this they are able to do quite well. But Doremi is upset with Dodo over the steak, so she refuses to support her and this causes Dodo trouble.
At the Harukaze house, Doremi tries to practice more with Dodo, but Dodo finds herself fed up with the troublesome girl's attitude and refuses to even cooperate. She takes shelter within her crystal ball and in this time Doremi struggles to understand why Dodo is so upset.
Pop then shows up to inform Doremi that dinner is ready, but when she happens to spot the crystal ball, she makes a grab for it when Doremi walks past her. She thinks nothing of it though and carelessly tosses it aside before taking off, causing Doremi to wonder why she didn't see her.
The following day, Doremi worriedly points out that Aiko and Hazuki both have Mimi and Rere with them as they head to school, but the girls realize that she wasn't listening. They remind her that they were told that only people with magic can see the fairy whenever they are inside the crystal ball. They also remind her that they were supposed to bring them along to train them more after school. Doremi is annoyed since nobody thought to remind her, but she ultimately doesn't see the big deal.
Back at home, Dodo is watching Haruka exercise and panic as she realizes she's not losing any weight. She begins to do a lot of other things in hopes of making herself lose some, but Dodo accidentally knocks the laundry detergent into the washing machine.
Sometime later, when Haruka opens the door to check on the laundry, the soap suddenly explodes out of the machine and floods the room.As Doremi returns home to find the mess, she gains a theory involving Dodo after Haruka explains what happened. Doremi rushes up to her bedroom and grabs the crystal ball, then makes an attempt to leave but is stopped by her mother. Haruka tells Doremi that she must do her homework first, then clean her bedroom before she does anything. Doremi makes an attempt to claim that she did this already, and even tries to explain Dodo to her so that she knows what happened, but this doesn't do anything.
Her mother returns later with a snack and explains that half of it is Pop's, and that she will be going to run some errands. With no other choice, Doremi sits down to do her homework and struggles greatly; even telling Dodo off after she makes an attempt to help her out.
As she continues to work, Doremi points out their snack when she hears Pop has arrived home. But after hearing Pop's alarmed cry, she turns to see that the entire snack has been finished. Pop yells at Doremi and calls her mean, threatening to tell their mother before she leaves the room. So once again Doremi yells at Dodo and tells her that she doesn't care about her anymore, especially since all she does is cause problems. This hurts Dodo greatly and she flees the Marukaze House in tears.
Later when Doremi goes to the Maho-do, Majorika scolds her for what she did. Laal explains that Dodo is still a baby and needs to be properly raised and trained with. It will take time for her to grow up, and this causes Doremi to realize she lost her patience with Dodo and takes off in hopes of locating her. Hazuki and Aiko join her, but Majorika makes Rere and Mimi stay behind, not wanting them to get lost either.Dodo has gotten herself lost wandering around town. She feels hungry and is pretty sad, and when she happens to find a bird nest she hops into it and attempts to act like a baby bird. This surprises the mother bird who has returned to feed her babies, but when she sees Dodo she tosses her out of the nest. The dizzy Dodo is then targeted by the Mean Cat, but she is able to find a hiding spot and the cat loses sight of her.
Later on in the day, the girls reunite with each other but none of them had any luck or sign of Dodo yet. So they split up again.
Majorika and Lala happen to have spotted Dodo at one point, but when she had realized they found her she was quick to flee again. But she is knocked unconscious after she flies right into a metal bridge portion and falls onto a passing van.
The girls reunite for the third time that day, deciding that because of how late it is, they need to cast Magical Stage now. However, the girls are surprised when all they get is a baked sweet potato. Hazuki and Aiko are quick to accuse Doremi of not focusing enough, but she insists that she did and believes that maybe Dodo likes baked sweet potato, so they can lure her out with it. As it is their only lead, the girls resume their search and begin to walk through town to see if anything happens.
To their surprise again, Kotake comes by and steals the potato, trading it with a chocolate bar he hadn't touched just yet. Doremi is a little frustrated, but she decides that Dodo must like chocolate even more then the sweet potato, so they resume walking.
While this goes on, Dodo then rolls off of the truck and lands in Haruka's shopping bag.While the girls are on their way home, they pass a little boy who is in hysterics over wanting chocolate. They trade their own chocolate bar with the lollipop he has, and when they realize how late it is, they have no choice but to go home for the time being.
They head to Doremi's house and not even two minutes later, are interrupted when Pop grabs the lollipop and takes off. They trail her into the living room and she devours it within seconds as revenge for the snack earlier. In defeat, everyone retreats to Doremi's bedroom; with Doremi collapsing onto her bed sadly. As the other yousei and Majorika join them, Lala happens to point out that Dodo is sitting right on the desk.Dodo is still upset but when she notices Doremi crying she quickly comforts her. Doremi apologizes for being so mean and unfair to Dodo, not having any idea that it'd be a lot of responsibility to raise her and they reconcile with a hug before Dodo shows that she did Doremi's math work for her and Doremi thanks the yousei and offers to let her sleep in bed with her.
Unfortunately the following morning Pop and Haruka hear yelling from Doremi's room and stare in shock as they notice the pee in her bed. Doremi cries and panics while trying to say its unfair that she can't tell them the truth as the episode ends.
- The girls learn how to use Magical Stage.
- All three ojamajo are officially level 8 witch apprentice as of this episode.
- The girls flying abilities have improved.
- Doremi: Magical Stage?
- Hazuki: What is that?
- Lala: You're permitted to use that magic after passing level 9. It's magic using all of your magical powers.
- Majorika: That's right! If you combine your hearts together you can make your magic power grow nearly 2 levels higher!
- Aiko: Ya mean we can use level 7 magic with it, right?
- Majorika: It's not really that easy, especially for you three...
- Majorika: Dodo is a fairy but she's only a baby.
- Lala: That's right, Fairies cant be like me so fast. Witches have to raise them.
- Doremi: Raise them?
- Lala: That's right, as you pass test your fairies become stronger.
- Aiko: You mean they can talk someday?
- Lala: Yes!
- Majorika: Besides, you got Dodo after you passed the makeup exam. Rere and Mimi are older then her.
- Doremi: I guess so. You can't teach a baby by scolding...
- As Doremi asks if Magical Stage will grant them an edible steak, one of her fingers is fully shaded, while none of the others are.
- When Majorika tells Doremi to grant her spell, all of Doremi's beads are colored pink, instead of being rainbow-colored as they are normally.
- One of Dodo's antennae/strands is wrongly colored as she is in the bird's nest.
- As Doremi holds the potato, her wand looks different and is a lot smaller than usual.
- As the Ojamajos hold their drinks at the beginning of the episode, none of them have detailing on their taps.
- During the opening, the girls cast Magical Stage, but they did not speak any words like they are instructed to do during the episodes.
- Near the end of the episode, as Doremi is shown after Pop and Haruka run into her bedroom, one cuff of her pajamas is colored like her pajama, when it should be lighter.
- This is the first episode in which Doremi and Dodo split due to an argument. This once again happens on episode 18 of Sharp.
- Apparently the Maho-dou's mailbox is located inside a bush.
- This is the first episode to show the apprentice flying methods: Aiko flies cross legged, Hazuki keeps her legs to one side with her head facing front, and Doremi stretches both legs out.
- These flying styles are later adapted by Onpu, Momoko, and Hana-chan.