"I ain't gonna lose to Kantou people!"
The episode begins with a upside view of the town. It shifts to reveal someone new, who compliments her new living arrangements before flipping around a few times. On top of the bar she is hanging from, she declares that she wont lost to the people of Misora.
One day a new girl shows up and incidentally insults Doremi and Hazuki along the way. Deciding to get to know her, Doremi follows her and learns that she is a good person underneath her rough exterior. To return her kindness, she attempts to help her when Parent Day comes along.
Doremi and Hazuki are on their way to school while discussing the previous days events. While Hazuki had a lot of fun, Doremi is still mourning the loss of the steak she hadn't gotten to eat. Hazuki tries to cover a laugh when suddenly someone runs by while teasing that she can see their underwear.
The girls freak out until the girl calls Doremi "stupid", and explains that she couldn't see hers since she wears shorts. She takes off as Hazuki notes never seeing her before.
In class, Doremi angrily storms over to her seat, causing Hazuki to warn the boys to just leave her alone. Kotake ignores the warning and starts to tease Doremi, resulting in Doremi nearly biting his head off in retaliation. Seki-sensei goes on to introduce a new student to class, and to their surprise its the girl they ran into earlier. She introduces herself as Aiko Senoo, but from the way Doremi responds, Seki assumes they know each other and has Aiko sit near her.
As class continues, Aiko chats with Hazuki and Doremi. She incidentally upsets Hazuki after admitting she was unable to remember her, and didn't think she was impressive or very noticeable. When Seki-sensai overhears them she tosses her chalk at the girls to silence them, but to the surprise of everyone, Aiko catches it with ease and manages to impress them; even Seki-sensei.Throughout the day Doremi grows more annoyed, while Hazuki shows concern over Aiko's open personality.
During Gym Class they are surprised by Tamaki's envy towards Aiko when she shows everyone her skills. The girls find it amusing at first, but soon grow annoyed after feeling insulted by her.
Once school ends, Aiko leaves with the SOS trio and teases them after they ask her to join their group. Doremi and Hazuki are still having trouble getting along with Aiko, and Hazuki expresses more concern since Aiko doesn't seem to consider the feelings of others.
With this in mind, Doremi decides to follow Aiko to see how she is like away from school but finds herself flustered with such tactics. Eventually it occurs to her that she can use magic and does this to shrink herself and become a butterfly to make things easier. Unfortunately, she is unable to fly, as she is only dressed in a butterfly costume. Annoyed by this she summons her broom to follow after Aiko, running from the mean cat until she comes by the market to find Aiko complimenting the fish seller in hopes of being able to get some cheaper fish. The woman lowers the cost of two mackerels Aiko needs, so she purchases them and is picked up in a Taxi to take her home. This surprises Doremi greatly, due to her young age but she resumes flying until she gets distracted and crashes into the Senoo's front door.
Hearing the noise Aiko gets up to check and sees Doremi laying there. She invites her inside to stay for dinner, where Doremi meets Kouji, Aiko's father. He is very excited to see that Aiko has made a friend already and even offers to make them dinner, but Aiko insists on doing it herself since she does it all of the time anyway. She makes everyone some Takoyaki, but before they can eat the girls notice that Kouji has already fallen asleep. To let him rest the girls head out to a nearby riverbank with their food and Aiko explains that her father is a taxi driver and because of them having just moved there, he's been working extra hard the past few days. This begins to make Doremi regret her earlier judgements on Aiko and she admits how she was feeling, but Aiko claims that she and her dad are fine. Such words cause Doremi to admire Aiko for being so strong and helpful, and they continue to bond.
The next day the girls meet up, where Aiko and Hazuki apologize to each other for how they acted. Doremi then mentions Aiko's dad, and brings up that Hazuki can meet him at the upcoming Parents Day. But unfortunately Aiko tells them he has to work and can't make it. They point out that their parents work too but they were able to make time, but Aiko explains that she didn't even bother showing her dad the papers anyway. This isn't anything new so it isn't a big deal.
Feeling troubled by such words as school ends, Doremi decides to try using her magic to help her new friend. But because she ran out of Magic Spheres she has Lala convince Majorika to give her some more, since it counts as practice.Meanwhile at the Senoo household, Aiko sees her dad off to work while noticing it's raining outside. She stops him for a moment, but then changes her mind and waves him off. While she seems happy, she attempts to brush off the feelings of depression.
Doremi catches Kouji before he has to leave, and brings up Paren'ts Day. To his surprise he mentions Aiko never brought it up, so he never knew about it. Unfortunately he is still new to the Taxi Company, so he can't afford to ask for the day off already. He bids Doremi a good day and resumes heading to work. As he leaves, Doremi uses her magic to make a clone of him, but she quickly notices that he lacks the Kansai dialect and worries he won't be convincing. With little time to dwell on it though, she decides to ignore it and informs him of her idea before taking off.
As the parents are gathering, Hazuki notices that Kouji hasn't shown up yet. Doremi remains hopeful, growing anxious as she notices the time.
Eventually the clone does show up at school, but because Doremi didn't tell him which class to come to he had to waste time looking. Meanwhile, the real Kouji happens to notice the time and thinks he may be able to make it to the school before Parents Day comes to an end.
Back in class, Hazuki mentions that they only have two minutes before the school day ends when suddenly, Kouji shows up and asks Aiko why she never bothered to tell him about Parents Day. Aiko is shocked, but she mentions that she was worried because he has to work all the time, and she didn't want to inconvenience him. They reconcile in a heart warming embrace as everyone watches, and class returns to normal, with Seki-sensei suggesting Aiko does the final math problem on the black board; which goes about as well as expected; badly.
Doremi is very happy that her plan worked, but as they say goodbye to Aiko's dad outside, the clone shows up right after he leaves. The clone is very warn out and upset that Doremi never told him what class to come to while the girls start to panic.
As Doremi realizes the real father showed up after all, the clone vanishes- causing further panic. Doremi hurriedly attempts to shut Aiko and Hazuki up and pleads with them not to say anything as the episode ends.
- Become a Butterfly
- Make Ai-chan's dad into two
- Character debut: Aiko Senoo, Kouji Senoo, The SOS group, Tamaki, the Mean Cat.
- Aiko Senoo arrives and befriends Doremi and Hazuki.
- Hazuki and Aiko are suspicious of Doremi now.
- Kouji finds out that Aiko never told him about Parents Day and attends it for the very first time.
- Aiko: Ah, you over there. I can see your panties!
- (Doremi and Hazuki freak out as Aiko runs by)
- Aiko: You're pretty dumb, there's no way I could see 'em when you're wearin' shorts!
- (Doremi does her normal reaction to something that ticks her off)
- Aiko: What a weird reaction! Well then, See ya!
- Aiko: Your hairstyle's unique, but ya sure got a funny name
- Hazuki: Senoo-san?
- Aiko: Hm? Ai-chan's fine
- Hazuki: Well then Ai-chan, what you just said was rude to Doremi-chan.
- Aiko: Really? Ah, I'm sorry... By the way, you are?
- Hazuki: My names Fujiwara Hazuki...
- Aiko: Hazuki-chan? Haven't I met you somewhere before?
- Hazuki: You have, I was with Doremi-chan.
- Aiko: Is that right? Doremi-chan's impact was so great, I didn't remember.
- Hazuki: You mean I'm just in her shadow?
- Aiko: Your clothes 'n' speech scream Stuck-up Bookworm, that might be it.
- Aiko: He vanished! what's going on?!
- Hazuki: Could it have been...?
- Doremi: What you just saw was an illusion! Don't worry about it, don't worry!
- Hazuki: it was your doing after all Doremi-chan! Doremi-chan you-
- Doremi: Ahhhhh! Don't say it!
- Throughout the episode, the tap would be without buttons or have just a few.
- For example, the entire scene where she talks to the clone, her tap has no beads at all.
- As Aiko turns to greet Hazuki and Doremi, her shirt is colored blue like her overalls.
- When Aiko turns to lean against her door, the button by her pocket at her waist turns blue like her overalls.
- In the scene where Seki-sensei calls Sugiyama, Nanako's hair is a lot messier then it normally looks.
- Note how the scene itself appeared poorly drawn.
- Near the end, right after Aiko yells at Doremi for interfering and her dad puts his hands onto her shoulders, one of her buttons flashes green like her shirt.
- When Doremi claims to just be talking to herself, her entire hand, arm, and sleeve are colored brown.
- As Aiko speaks to Hazuki the day after she spends time with Doremi, her entire shirt is a bright blue color, like her overalls.