Poppu is also the fourth Ojamajo to appear in the series!
A very mature, respected little girl, Pop has a lot of boundries pushed onto her due to being so young. Over time she slowly begins to realize that because she is a child, she should enjoy it while she can.
Pop was born September 9th, 1994 and her blood type is AB. Her favorite food is pudding.
In the Japenese version she was voice by Sawa Ishige. While in Magical Doremi she was portrayed by Liza Jacqueline.
PersonalityAccording to Doremi at the beginning of the series, Pop is just an annoying know-it-all little sister who tries to act older then she really is. According to everybody else, Pop is an adorable, smart child with a responsible head on her shoulders in comparison to her clumsy older sister.
A consistant factor that Doremi hates to be reminded of...
Poppu comes off perfect to some, though others such as her parents know she is still a child and treat her like one. She is very smart for her age, creative, talented, and always does her best to give 110% But Doremi only dissmisses this as Pop being a "kiss up" and "over-achiever".
Everybody seems to also understand that Pop's apparent envy of Doremi is because she thinks their mother doesn't love her as much as Doremi. She grew jealous of her older sister since their mom taught Doremi piano and not herself. And also, as a baby, Pop loved to be with Doremi, who wanted nothing to do with her due to all of the attention she was recieving. Almost daily will Pop bring up how much of a failure she thinks Doremi is, such as her bad grades, or scolding her for simple mistakes. She even has claimed that she'll be a successful grown up and Doremi isn't even needed, or that they would be better off without her. She also picks on Doremi's social life, and lack of a relationship.
But despite how rude she is to her, Pop actually loves her older sister and appreciates her severly, even if its never shown or gone noticed. But eventually as Pop became a witch apprentice, she slightly eased up on all of the mean criticisms. This eased even further during the Sharp movie. After being scolded and hit by Doremi, Pop ran away and accidentally transformed Doremi into a mouse and shrank her. Later the two girls finally discussed things through and Doremi managed to help Pop get enough courage to confess to their mother that she wished to take piano lessons.
Despite how mature she may act, Pop is still just a child on the inside, at heart. She gets jealous of Hana-chan for the attention she wishes she had. And may pout or throw a small tantrum when unhappy, but Pop is a good, smart, usually dependable child who slowly learns that she should enjoy the time she has to be a child. Also, it becomes more apparent that despite how different they are, Doremi and Pop do have some similar tendencies...
AppearancePoppu vaguely resembles Doremi, having very similar eyes but with a red hue to them. Her hair is pink in color, with bangs like Doremi's, though more spread outward. Her hair is shoulder length and resembles two chibi wings on the top of her head with a few smaller section along the bottom of her head. It is unknown if her hair happens to just naturally curl this way, or if it would fall flat when wet.
As a baby her hair lacked her bangs and the "wings" which didn't begin to form until later. She wore a pink one piece baby outfit.
Pop's first outfit in the series was the uniform she wore to kindergarten. A long sleeved pink blouse with two white buttons at the center and a wine colored skirt, pale pink socks, and blue shoes with big purple orbs on them. When at school she wears a golden pin on the collar, to symbolize her status in the class.
Through Motto, Dokkan, and Naisho. Pop has gained her own unique outfit, as she was no longer a kindergarten student. She also has grown just a bit and lost few childish qualities in appearance. Now Pop wears a sky blue shirt with puff sleeves, white lining and a very thin white string at her neck tied in a bow. She kept her skirt and socks, while her shoes lost the purple orbs and gained white straps.
Her bathing suit is pink-red in color and usually with some sort of floaty. During bed she wore a big, light yellow long sleeved shirt with purple spots/music notes on it.
During winter she puts on a big jacket and usually a cute scarf.
As a OjamajoPoppu's reason for becoming an apprentice witch was much like how Doremi's very own. After buying Majorika from the others, then thinking she lost her and died, Pop began to visit the Maho-do frequently to examine the work done there. One day she came just as the three were returning from the witch world. When Doremi realized what she was about to say, Doremi grabbed her and refused to release Pop until she promised not to say anything. To make her remain silent, Pop was given a chance to become a witch apprentice.
Pop accepted and was also very happy to see Majorika alive and well. As a witch, Pop seemed much more competent then Doremi. But like Doremi, she didn't really think about her first few spells and caused problems. Such as when she tried to scare the classes bully, Kimitaka. Doremi, Aiko, and Hazuki helped but Doremi then lectured Poppu for messing up the way she did. Since then, Pop has trained carefully.
Unlike the others, Pop does not seem to rely on being a witch for most things, nor does she make common appearances as an apprentice. She was very slow when it came to upgrading due to the exams taking place at night, and her just being a child, her body cannot handle staying up so late.
Due to this, Pop did not get her Crystal ball until the very final episode of the series.
But she has partaken in Magical Stage a few times as well. Such as the final episode of the first season, Sharp when Aiko and Onpu tried to fix Doremi and Hazuki's friendship, and in the final Dokkan episode.
Her spells are as followed:
- Transforming: Pretty Witch Poppucchi!
- Spell: Pipito Purito Puritan Peperuto!
- Magical Stage: Pipito Purito, Brightly!
Poppu gained her yousei, Fafa in Sharp after she managed to successfully complete her first exam. In a way, Fafa is like a baby sister to Dodo but unlike Pop, she does not feel rivalry with Dodo and does not interact with her much.
Pop's crystal ball is a four-leaf clover. Possibly to reference the shape of her head/hair.
Ojamajo Doremi 16
Pop is now in 5th grade (meaning she is around the age Doremi and the others were when the series ended) and she is now taught by Seki-Sensei. Pop plans to attend Karen Girls Academy to become a pianist after graduation.
Despite how close the two of them had become at the end of the series, this seems to have taken a few steps backwards again. Possibly due to there being a huge age difference again as Doremi is now a teenager and Pop isn't quite yet. They often taunt and tease one-another, which tends to frustrate the other one. However, Pop is not nearly as bratty as she was.
Not too much of her personality has been revealed, though it was mentioned she was very excited to be entering a new school term.
Poppu seems to look the same as she did as a little child, though her hair seems to have spread out to fit her newly aged body and shrunk somewhat. She was only shown in one image so far and wore a school uniform.
When they were little, Pop often followed Doremi around. But Doremi didn't like Pop and tried to do many things to her. Which often ended up with her crying. She was very curious and really did look up to Doremi then.
But because of Doremi's treatement of her, it may be the reason she grew up hateful towards Doremi.
Doremi Harukaze: The heroine and main character, protagonist of Ojamajo Doremi. A klutz who falls in love very easily and is bad at school. A loyal friend to anyone in need
Haruka Harukaze: Their mother, a housewife who shops and excersises in her spare time. Often compliments Poppu and eventually does teach her piano, beginning in Motto.
Keisuke Harukaze is a writer who loves to go fish. Due to his hate of house work though, their parents are often arguing or getting into fights (none of which he wins, however.) A lot of times Pop is seen on his lap.
Her love life?
Poppu has many friends, who she considers "Boyfriends" Due to them, being boys. They act as if they all may harbor feelings for her however, following her around and always willing to defend Pop from harm. Whenever she has to pick just one, they often fight for said spot. Trying to make her favor him. This may because they are children however and are too young to experience real love.
In a episode of Sharp, she gained a crush on a new assitant teacher. He thought she was very adorable but it was revealed in the end that he harbored feelings for the teacher. So Pop gracefully backed down..
Kimitaka, a bully in her class. Someone who seems to be a, sort of friend with Pop. Seems to harbor feelings for her. Its unknown how Pop feels, but it seems she may feel the same regarding him. In fanon, this is the popular, Pop couple. During Dokkan, it was revealed he was moving away. So it is unknown what happens between the two.
Relations with the other Ojamajo
- Doremi: She and Doremi bicker, argue, and fight over just about everything at first. But eventually did develope a nice bond.
- Hazuki: At first, Pop assumed Doremi paid Hazuki to be her friend. Hazuki thinks Pop is a very mature young girl, and very cute.
- Aiko: Aiko likes to tease Doremi about how mature Pop is in comparison to herself.
- Onpu: Poppu really likes Onpu and is most-likely a fan of hers. Onpu hung out a few times with Pop during the first season.
- Momoko: Not much interaction has gone on between them. Other then when Momoko realized that Hana-chan and Pop switched bodies and began to panic when Pop (in Hana-chan's body) showed up.
- Hana-chan: She and Hana-chan are very close. Though they both feel jealousy towards one-another for how their roles in life play out.
In the dub
Much like Doremi, Pop's main feature in the first season was took to the extreme. She is much more childish, snobby, and rude to everyone who isn't an adult. While the original Pop didn't seem too rude to Hazuki or Aiko. She was also scolded some of the time for what she said, unlike Poppu. She still liked Onpu/Ellie however, and her voice was much more high-pitch.
Her name was changed to Caitlyn Goodwyn.
Other Voice Actors and Names
- France: Bibi, voiced by Fily Keita
- Germany: Bibi, voiced by Andrea Imme
- Hong Kong: Cheunfeng Boubou, voiced by Leui Bikna
- Italy: Bibi, voiced by Sabrina Bonfitto
- Korea: Do Ttomi, voiced by Oh Jooyeon until season 4 when she was voiced by Han Sinjeong
- Mexico: Bibi, voiced by Alondra Hidalgo
- Portugal: Bibi, voiced by Marta Madeira
- Spain: Poppu, voiced by Pepa Agudo
- Taiwan: Chunfeng Paopao, voiced by Lei Biwen.
- Pop's color scheme is an invert of Doremi's. While Doremi's hair is red and her theme is pink. Poppu has pink hair with a red theme.
- Her yousei, Fafa has similar coloring to Dodo. Though sometimes she appears to be very pale in comparison. It's unknown if they are related like Doremi and Pop are.
- At the end of the series, Pop is exactly one year younger then Doremi was when the series began. Now in 16, she's the age Doremi was when the series ended.
- When Hana-chan and Pop switched bodies, she gained Hana's unique eye style.
- Despite never gaining the new uniforms. In a special/short cartoon (Lets cooking) Pop was seen in the motto pattisier uniform. The only difference was that it lacked the intercom piece, and the sleeves resembled a T-shirt.
- In a single episode of the first season, Pop had a different VA.
- Poppu is a lot like Chibi Moon/Chibiusa, from Sailormoon.
- Both act like the younger sibling: Pop really is Doremi's little sister. While Chibiusa plays this role but is really Sailor Moon's future daughter.
- Both have pink hair and red eyes
- Both of them like the color Red
- Both disrespect the older person they are related to.
- Both of them had problems with their special abilities
- Both have red and pink color schemes.
- Pop's name comes from the noise of something bursting, "Pop!" Her last name translates as "Spring Wind" (Haru = Spring, Kaze = Wind.)
- Pop has accidentally peed herself twice, though the second time it was Hana-chan, who was in her body.
- In one TCG card Pop was erroriously given a pink shirt instead of her normal seafoam/teal colored top worn later in the series.
- It seems a little odd that Poppu had a Trumpet for her second Poron. She loved the piano and wanted to learn it, while she's never seen playing a trumpet, nor does she show an interest in it.
- During Sept 2011, a special birthday video for Pop was shown during an Ojamajo Doremi convention.
To see images related to Poppu, visit: Pop Harukaze (Gallery)