"Since we're friends from now on... You're gonna need a name. Since you're so plushy... "Plush-chan!" what do you think?"
|Majorika goes to Kindergarten|
|Japanese Title|| マジョリカ幼稚園に行く
Majorika Yōchien ni Iku
|Dub Title||Patina Goes To Kindergarten|
|Air Date|| May 16, 1999 (JP)
February 4, 2006 (US)
|Next Episode||Fishing for Love|
|Previous Episode||Laugh and Forgive me?|
The opening clip begins with Majorika in a dark room with only a spotlight on her. She begins to run from it but falls onto the ground, where her Magic Sphere breaks from it's string and beings to slowly roll away. She gets up to try to grab it and finds herself caged. She then worries and panics as Pop appears with a demonic expression while reaching out for her, effectively scaring Majorika.
Pop visits the Maho-dou and is quickly smitten with Majorika. The girls, having been cross with Majorika due to being more demanding lately decide to let her purchase the "plush doll" she has found, and at first things go great. But after Majorika realizes she may be in trouble and has lost her crystal ball, everyone is forced to try to find it.
RecapPop is running for home in a hurry after she notices how late she is. She makes an attempt to sneak in, but is caught by Haruka, who asks her where she was. Pop tries to explain that she stayed behind to help a friend, Mika, because everyone else left. But Haruka doesn't quite believe the story and makes Pop take out the trash for one week as punishment. Pop deems this to be unfair and asks why Doremi is never punished for staying out late, but Haruka explains that it is because Doremi spends her time helping an elderly woman with her shop. Doremi shows up for dinner right after the discussion and is told to go and wash her hands. This further agitates Pop though, and she spends the rest of the day giving her the cold shoulder.
The following day at the Maho-do, the girls are sitting around. They have yet to have a customer and are not allowed to go and enjoy the lovely day. Majorika ignores their requests to leave, and instead just keeps making demands. It's then Pop shows up, ignoring Doremi while she goes to do some browsing around the shop.
They run around the shop, causing Lala and Majorika to hide when they run up the nearby stairs. They hang onto the outer-part of the stairs, and at first this goes fine, but Majorika is unable to keep hold of the bars and falls to the floor, right in front of Pop who has arrived at the very sport.
Everyone begins to panic while Pop simply stares at Majorika. She then picks her up and asks if she is for sale, and for how much. The girls make an attempt to get Pop to look at something else, but when that does not work, Doremi attempts to cheat by listing a very high price she is so sure that Pop can't afford. But to their surprise, Pop can afford it because she has been saving her money for a very long time. So she pays and takes off while telling Doremi to keep working hard.
With that they make an attempt to figure out how to get Majorika back, but when Lala points out that she will probably be fine, they decide to close the shop and go out to have fun like they wanted to. Unaware that Majorika's Crystal Ball has fell off of it's string and rolled away.
That evening as Doremi heads to her bedroom she hears a bunch of noise coming from Pop's bedroom. She investigates to see Pop tossing Majorika up and down while she lays on her bed, trying to think of a name to call her new toy. She decides to call Majorika "Plush-chan", and Doremi can't help but mock this. She then leaves for her room, having not caught Majorika try to contact her to tell her about the missing orb. In her bedroom, Doremi makes discussion with Dodo, and asks if it's possible Majorika likes to be with Pop.
Back in Pop's room, Majorika is very wide awake as Pop is fast asleep. She tries to sneak to Doremi's room when Pop grabs her in a choke hold with her legs until she eventually passes out until the proceeding morning.The next morning, the Ojamajo are heading to school while they discuss how Majorika has been. But because they still have yet to see anything wrong with the situation, they decide it isn't really worth discussion anymore.
At Pop's kindergarten, Majorika is having a very bad time; she has jump roped, slided, and swung for a little while before heading into the sand box. Pop allows her friends to see "Plush-chan" unaware of how much it is bothering Majorika. As everyone is playing, Lala approaches and curiously begins to wonder why Majorika hasn't used her magic to escape, then runs into a nearby bush after Kimitaka shows up, demanding everybody's attention. He wants to see Pop's new toy too, but due to his attitude she refuses to let him. It is then Pop's many "boyfriends" show up to protect her and the others, and as everyone begins to argue Majorika attempts to escape.
Unfortunately, a bunch of ducks suddenly show up and try to take her!
She manages to get away from them on the top of a bridge and the ducks gain up on her and try to push her onto the edge. But Lala shows up to scare them away, then she asks Majorika why she hasn't run away yet and wonders if she actually likes being Plush-chan. Majorika informs her of what has happened, and Kimitaka suddenly grabs Majorika. He refuses to return Plush-chan due to how Pop has behaved. So with no other option, Lala runs to Doremi's school and in the window tries to gain their attention.
Hazuki manages to solve what Lala tried to say and Doremi feigns illness in order to leave. Aiko and Hazuki help her and they run outside to speak with her. Who explains what happened and how they don't have much time to spare. She then runs back to the Maho-do in order to search for the missing Crystal Ball, while Hazuki and Aiko drop "Doremi" off in the nurses office.
It is revealed that "Doremi" was really Dodo once she is left in private. Doremi runs outside and transforms before taking off.
Meanwhile, at Sonatine Kindergarten, Pop chases around Kimitaka and his friends around the playground trying to get Plush-chan back. She suddenly falls over and one of her friends threatens to tell the teacher on him. But Pop stands and exclaims that she WILL get Plush-chan back. Something that seems to even surprise Majorika.
Doremi flies over the Pop's Kindergarten to see how Majoria is doing when she summons her wand in order to cast a spell. Unfortunately she drops it - Causing it to slide to the end of the roof she is on.Meanwhile back at the Maho-do, Lala has finally located Majorika's missing Crystal Ball.
Back at school, Pop climbs the tree and follows Kimitaka up as Doremi watches. He refuses to hand over Plush-chan and threatens to drop it into the water as Pop refuses to listen and she instead comes closer. Kimitaka begins to shake the branch which causes it to loosen and crack at the base as the young children watch helplessly! Doremi, with no other choice lets go of the roof and slides to her Poron before she casts a spell.
Doremi uses her magic to make the tree not break and odd ropes/roots form suddenly to tie around the tree and the breaking part. Majorika is thankful that Doremi was there but watches as she suddenly falls off of the roof and into the bushes below.
Lala shows up with her crystal ball sand Majorika swings herself to it, only to pass it! It bounces off of the tree and into the water, along with Majorika. Grabbing onto it, the witch frog then uses magic to transport herself out of the mini pond as Pop and Kimitaka are scolded for climbing the tree and doing something so dangerous.
As the children wait, Pop's backpack rises back out of the water but Plush-chan isn't attached to it. Which leads to them all fearing the worst. They begin to cry at the loss of their new friend while they are joined by their confused teachers and Doremi, who watches from the distance. She flies back to school as its going on 2:00 pm but as she makes her way to the nurses office she sees nobody there. She heads to class and is very surprised to see Dodo attempt to take her test.That following afternoon at the Maho-do, Doremi is trying to make a new Plush-chan in hopes to cheer her little sister up. She blames Majorika for failing her test, but Majorika claims Doremi would have done as bad, if not worse, then Dodo. She then goes on to say that Pop is more suitable to become a witch apprentice and that she should be one instead of Doremi. They continue to argue as Lala, Aiko, and Hazuki watch helplessly.
- Branch, don't break
- Characters introduced: Kimitaka, Fumio, Tatsuya, Kazuhiro, Yoshihiko, Kumiko, Sayaka, Tomomi, Rie
- This episode marks the first time Pop's Kindergarten is shown.
- Pop: Why am I the only one to come home at five? Doremi always plays until very late.
- Hazuki: We dont have many customer's today.
- Doremi: Because it's such a beautiful Sunday. Everyone must've gone out to play.
- Aiko: I wish we got that luxury sometimes...
- Majorika: What are you blabbing about?
- Majorika: We need magic spheres to practice magic, so we have to make money.
- Doremi: That's true, but...
- Hazuki: Just sometimes...
- Aiko: That's right..
- Majorika: I said not a chance! Don't just mumble there, go get the customers.
- Pop: Whats this?
- Doremi: that's a....
- Aiko and Hazuki: Doll!
- Hazuki: it seems she likes Pop-chan very much.
- Doremi: It's all Majorika's fault that my test was disastrous!
- Majorika: It would turn out the same even if you were the one taking the test!
- Doremi: What are you talking about? I did my magic quite well today. I will ace the next witch exam for sure!
- Majorika: Flukes won't happen twice...
Check out the Dub Changes page for all the information related to this episode.
- During the shot of the ojamajo looking at Pop, There is a weird tiny little space between Hazuki's neck and Aiko's face. They are standing in front of a pink wardrobe so it should not be there. Also note how Aiko's body shape.
- During the scene when Doremi is looking out her window, her pajamas are missing their music notes.
- When Pop is fast asleep and sprawled out on her bed, one of the heart pillows is colored yellow. Originally both of them were pink.
- While at the kindergarten the children can wear their own unique pants or skirts. Their uniform tops are pastel blue for boys and pink for girls. During the shot when Pop is swinging, you can see many of the children not wearing the right colored tops.
- As Doremi falls to grab her Poron their are a few errors, such as her tap losing its buttons, The red part of hair is not colored above her right ear, and the Magic Spheres inside of her poron aren't colored the same as they are when she casts her spell.
- The string on Majorika's Crystall ball is normally blue in color, but during the scene when Lala found it, it was black.
- The ojamajo's craft types are shown in this episode: Hazuki makes fancy items, Aiko likes to make unique whimsical things, and Doremi tries to make relatively simple things but fails.
- Doremi reveals that Pop is paid 200 yen for an allowance.
- When Hazuki and Aiko help a "sick" Doremi leave the classroom, if one looks it almost seems like Yada and Shiori are looking at each other.
- The Ojamajo's guesses at to what Lala tried to tell them are:
- The wind Blows the Bug
- Trouble, Cant sing, uproar.