"This doesn't look like a Witch shop!"
|It's Not Scary if We're All Witches|
|Japanese Title|| みんな魔女なら怖くない
Minna Majo Nara Kowakunai
|Dub Title||Dustin' the old Rusty Broom|
|Air Date|| Feb 28th, 1999 (JP)
August 13, 2005 (US)
|Episode Direction||Takuya Igarashi|
|Animation Direction||Chuuji Nakajima|
|Next Episode||Grand Opening! Maho-dou|
|Previous Episode||The Transfer Student from Naniwa! Aiko Debuts|
While Doremi is panicking over the previous episodes events, a recap is shown, including Hazuki about to call Doremi a witch as Doremi covers her mouth to try to deny what happened and ending as she imagines herself as a witch frog. Lala and Majorika go across the screen to remark on this and Doremi freaks out before saying her catchphrase.
Doremi's secret has been exposed to her best friend Hazuki and their new friend, Aiko. But when she decides to reveal everything, Majorika sees no other choice but to make them Apprentice Witch too. However things soon go sour when the Ojamajo decide they want to remodel the Maho-dou.
As she thinks about her decision, Doremi leads Aiko and Hazuki in an unknown direction. They try to ask for an explanation but she refuses, promising to tell them later.They come to the shop and neither Hazuki or Aiko can identify it. Doremi asks them to stay there before running inside, quickly informing Majorika and Lala about what happened. They freak out for a moment until spotting Hazuki and Aiko spying on them from the window nearby, then quickly try to hide as they rush inside and Doremi attempts to write it off as nothing until realizing neither of them is falling for it.
They watch as Lala pops out of her hiding spot to observe the hysterical girls, only to be yanked back in by Majorika. Hazuki suddenly puts two-and-two together and calls Doremi a Witch. But after a moment of fright nothing happens.To her surprise, she learns that because she is an apprentice, she can't change into a Witch Frog yet. But they warn her if it is said a second time, then she actually will. Doremi is happy to hear this but Majorika ruins it by scolding her, stating that she shouldn't have gotten caught to begin with. Doremi pays this little to no mind and goes on to introduce her friends to Makorika and Lala before explaining what happened.
Aiko and Hazuki promise not to tell anyone what they witnessed, but Majorika remains doubtful and threatens that she must resort to drastic measures- effectively scaring the girls silly until she claims to just be joking; she's going to make them apprentices too.At first the girls are unsure until Doremi convinces them that it would be a lot of fun and they realize how it could come in handy. Majorika has Lala grab the object containing the taps while the girls sit their items down. Doremi shows them how the transformation process works and starts to gloat as the others comment on how wonderful and cool she is. Then, Majorika teaches them the meaning of the word "Ojamajo" after using it to describe Doremi.
With that out of the way, Aiko volunteers to transform first. She is able to get it on her first try, so Hazuki makes an attempt, struggling to finish in time which earns her a scolding. She tries again and with the help of the others, is able to get it, but is again yelled at for it, only for Doremi to interrupt in order to show them how to cast some magic. They both summon their wands and right away Doremi notes the difference between theirs and her own.
Once again Aiko goes first, after she makes an attempt at remembering her magic spell, but she incidentally messes up. While it is somewhat like what she wanted, it is deemed not good enough and she makes multiple attempts to keep trying until Majorika yells and points out how wasteful she is being. Hazuki takes a turn and is complimented by Majorika for getting it right on her first try meanwhile, causing an envious Doremi to try to cast her own spell. In the process she accidentally brings to life a suit of armor that chases the girls around the shop with a sword until they can make it stop.
The girls get to work cleaning up when Lala mentions how the girls should be informed of Forbidden Magic. Majorika agrees and stops them to begin the explanation by mentioning the three types: Healing, Bringing the dead back to life, and Changing someone's feelings. She then brings up the exams and mentions how much the girls need to practice before they are ready to even attempt them. They use this moment to ask for more Magic Spheres, but when Lala reveals that the bag is empty, they have no choice but to go to the Magic World the following day. Majorika then tells them that they will need to come back to do some work. At first Hazuki and Aiko are all for it but they struggle to convince Doremi, who doesn't enjoy working. But they manage to make her reconsider.
While on their way home the girls suddenly take note of the old-fashioned shop and wonder if there is something they can do to fix it.
The next day they arrive with supplies, explaining to Majorika that to humans the shop is very unappealing. They feel that it could use a makeover and to their shock, Aiko arrives while flying her broom flawlessly. Everyone is impressed and she explains that she got it to work by having a little "talk" with the broom- which may or may not have involved threatening it.
With that the girls get to work as Lala watches with amusement, wondering how Majorika will take it when she gets back. They clean out the shop, paint, make some brand new items, and work on a brand new name. After, they then run out to distribute fliers to everyone in Misora to inform them of the grand reopening of the Maho-do.
Majorika returns soon after and is very unhappy to see the shop this way. She doesn't like it despite everyone's protests that the previous design just wasn't getting any business, but after being out-voted she has no choice but to let them keep going, expressing shock when Lala agrees with the girls. They resume working until seeing the sun beginning to set and they head back outside to observe their hard work. Excitedly they look forward to getting to work the next day.
- Big tasty steak, appear
- Takoyaki, come out
- Mr. Mouse, move
- Whatever it is, move
- Aiko and Hazuki find out that Doremi is a witch apprentice.
- Majorika makes Hazuki and Aiko become apprentice witch.
- The shop is renamed "Maho-dou" and gains its very first design change.
- Hazuki and Aiko both cast their first spells.
- The ojamajo learn about Forbidden Magic.
- It's revealed that an Apprentice will only turn into a Magic Frog if she is called a witch twice.
- Hazuki: Doremi-chan!
- Aiko: What's goin' on?
- Doremi: Shut up and follow me!
- Hazuki: Follow you where?
- Doremi: I'll explain later... I probably cant...
- Majorika: If you cast such magic bad things will happen to you. So don't do it, First is magic that brings dead people back to life.
- Doremi: what if it's cast by accident?
- Majorika: I think the caster will die. Next is healing magic.
- Aiko: Eh? So if I lost my voice I couldn't heal it?
- Majorika: If you use it something will happen to your own body, so it's best if you don't.
- Aiko: sounds interesting!
- Hazuki: If we worked in the shop wouldn't that be wonderful?
- Aiko: Yeah, Being a merchant is in my Naniwa Blood.
- Hazuki: Let's do it, Doremi-chan! Okay?
- Aiko: Come on! Come on!
- Doremi: Sure, Alright. Let's do our best!
- Majorika: This doesn't look like a Witch shop!
- Aiko: it was weird before.
- Doremi: Right! Right!
- Hazuki: It look's nice this way.
- Majorika: my shop...
- Lala: I think it look's better this way.
- Majorika: what? what did you guys do?
- Doremi: I think it look's better this way too.
- Majorika: it's too flashy!
- After/while Doremi goes through the transformation, the taps buttons vanish.
- The leaflet sleeves as Doremi points are Normal pink, light pink, then dark. In the next scene their dark pink, Light pink, then normal pink.
- The section near Hazuki's eye (the hat flap) is skin colored. Instead of being light orange.
- The straps Lala used to carry the tap box are missing in this episode.
- After Majorika stops Aiko from using all of her magic spheres, Hazuki's skirt is missing a dark leaf-let.
- Despite only having casted magic 1-3 times as Majorika fumes. Aiko is seen with only two magic spheres left, when she should have more.
- Lala's shoulder is white in the scene where Majorika ask her why she didn't stop the Ojamajo's from remodeling.
- Hazuki held her tap with just one hand, but a second later both hands are holding onto it.
- Doremi has been shown as a pink Witch Frog in the past three episodes.
- Later in the series, she is shown to be a normal colored witch frog but with her red hair.
- Hazuki is the second and last ojamajo to fail the transformation on their first try.
- This is the first instance to show a characters Transformation Pose ending differently. Because she messed up, Hazuki expressed relief when she got it right the second time, rather than posing.
- Hazuki was the first apprentice whose original pose was unknown until she transformed again.
- Later on in the series, both Onpu and Momoko are shown as Season 1 Apprentice, but their unique poses were never revealed outside of the TCG cards.
- In Magical Doremi, this was the first episode shown. It is also included on the CDs that came with merchandise.
- In this episode, the brooms were shown to posesse thoughts and feelings.