"Why can't I say I don't want to?"
|I Become Hazuki-chan|
|Japanese Title|| 私、はづきちゃんになる!
Watashi, Hazuki-chan ni Naru!
|Dub Title||Being Dorie, Being Reanne|
|Air Date|| Feb 14, 1999 (JP)
Sep 17, 2005 (US)
|Storyboard|| Junichi Sato
|Episode Direction|| Junichi Sato
|Animation Direction||Mitsuru Aoyama|
|Next Episode||"The Transfer Student from Naniwa! Aiko Debuts"|
|Previous Episode||"I'm Doremi! Becoming a Witch Apprentice!"|
Hazuki Fujiwara is standing with the family maid, Baya. After the two exchange friendly farewells, Hazuki begins to walk down the steps. Baya tells her to have a nice day, but while on the steps Hazuki questions what would happen if she was to run away from home.
Doremi attempts to understand Hazuki after a minor conflict over comparing their lifestyles. In order to do so, she uses magic to make them turn into each other.
While Doremi admires herself in front of her mirror, Majorika appears and fusses over her lack of focus. Lala tries to explain to Doremi how bad it could be if someone catches her, but Doremi barely listens. She asks for more magic spheres and while filling her wand, they explain that she will need to start working at the store starting the day after to help pay for them- much to her disappointment. But before Doremi can argue back someone knocks on her door and they quickly hide, helping her change back to normal.
Pop walks in, having come by to inform Doremi that it's her turn for the bath. Before taking off she teases Doremi again. Seeing how late it is, Majorika also decides to leave as well, but not before reminding Doremi about the shop again, telling her to come early. Doremi is upset and tries to tell her, but they ignore her protests and take off.
The next day at the shop, Majorika complains about how late Doremi is when they hear a loud crash in the backyard. They come outside to find that Doremi is still struggling with her broom and after putting it away, she asks for the Magic Spheres. Lala brings out the bag to fill her wand and they discuss the exams she will need to take. For a moment, Doremi prepares to quit until Lala brings up that if she should pass, she will gain her own fairy. Doremi perks right up, but after realizing how late she is she runs off for school.
Seeing Hazuki further up the path, Doremi runs up to her and they begin chatting about each others lives and how easy they think they have it. But after Doremi indirectly offends Hazuki she runs off in a huff. Unable to figure out what exactly happened, Doremi receives from advice from Yuki-Sensei after she bumps into her, and decides to give Hazuki some time before approaching her during break. Where she apologizes and they reconcile. However, after Hazuki makes a remark mentioning that she wishes she had Doremi's life rather than her own, Doremi gets an idea and asks her to wait before running off.
Changing into her witch outfit, Doremi returns and claims she is a fairy who has come to grant their wish. As Hazuki questions this, she suddenly uses the spell and runs off, returning as herself- but in Hazuki's body. Hazuki is thrilled and they discuss various things, including important details they need to remember.
First to arrive is Hazuki at the Harukaze household. She is unable to find anyone until she overhears Pop in the other room and finds her making origami shapes. Hazuki asks to join her, but accidentally offends Pop because of her insistence on calling her "Pop-chan". While aggravated, Pop shows alarm when Hazuki is able to fold a perfect crane, and her hysterics attracts their mother to the room- who also panics after Pop shows her. They both note how Doremi isn't able to make nice looking origami, causing Hazuki to realize she may not be very convincing.
Afterwards, Hazuki does a lot of chores around the home. Such as picking up some last-second shopping for dinner, answering a phone call, and various other things. This causes the family further alarm and they remark on how strange she is acting, but unable to think of a reason as to why she would behave like this, they let it side.
Meanwhile, Doremi is startled as she arrives to the Fujiwara household and is quickly forced to try on a cutesy, doll-like dress. After being scolded for swearing, Doremi makes an attempt to tell Hazuki's mother her true opinion on this outfit chosen for her, but seeing how sad it makes her, she chooses to lie and spare her feelings.
Back at the Harukaze household, Pop and "Doremi" are watching television when asked to get their father and inform him that it's time for dinner. Hazuki volunteers to do it and observes the fishing lures that Keisuke has been working on as she steps inside the room.
At Hazuki's, Doremi struggles to play the violin as Reiko and the instructor expresses concern.
Things are going fine with Hazuki and Keisuke until Doremi's mother comes in and scolds him for getting distracted and almost getting "Doremi" into the hobby. They argue, which Hazuki doesn't like and during dinner she tries to figure out how they can be on good terms so quickly.
Doremi comes up with the idea to fake an illness in order to get out of the violin lesson, but Hazuki's family overreacts and she is quickly thrown into bed. The same happens to Hazuki after she refuses to eat the meal, which happens to be Doremi's favorite food: steak.
Hazuki's father arrives while a doctor is checking on her and deems her to be fine. Confused, her parents expect some answers and "Hazuki" claims that she must have just imagined the illness. This causes them relief.
While laying in Doremi's bed, Hazuki resumes thinking over how chaotic Doremi's family behaves. They tend to fight and argue a lot, but they're caring and nice deep down. While this is going on, Doremi thinks about how difficult Hazuki's life is since she has to act so mature and grown-up.
After some sleep, Hazuki catches her reflection to realize she is back to normal. She worries over Doremi, but thankfully Majorika has gone out to track her down- waking her up by covering her mouth and nose until she is forced to breath. Upon realizing what happened Doremi quickly changes and flies home, where she offers Hazuki a chance to recast the spell, but Hazuki stops her and tells her it isn't necessary. She misses her own family and is ready to go home now, so Doremi flies her back using her broom after a moment of bonding as they recall how their day went with each others family.
The next morning, Doremi rushes downstairs to dig into the steak Hazuki didn't touch the day before, but to her shock her family split it up and ate it, unaware that she would want it now. Despite her annoyance, they're relieved to see she is back to normal.
- Hazuki-chan become Doremi-chan!
- Become Hazuki-chan!
- Introduced: Baya, Reiko, Akira
- The term "Ojamajo" is explained in this episode.
- Doremi learns about Witch Exams.
- Doremi learns how one obtains Magical Spheres and is told that she will need to start working at the shop.
- Doremi: Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo!
- Majorika: Sheesh you Ojamajo!
- Doremi: Ojamajo?
- Majorika: A person like you who finds happiness dressing like a witch apprentice for no reason and is worth less then a witch apprentice that's also a nuisance! You understand?! Ojamajo!
- Majorika: Guess she'll have to pass the 9th class to ride a broom
- Doremi: 9th class?
- Lala: You need to pass the 9th class all the way up to the 1st class to become a real witch.
- Doremi: What?! There are test to become a witch?
- Majorika: Duh!
- Doremi: Then I quit!
- Hazuki: Eh? what's wrong Doremi-chan?
- Doremi: No, No, No, I'm not!
- Hazuki: But...
- Doremi: I'm Doremi-chan's friend witch, I'll grant your wish!
- Hazuki: what?
- Reiko: Papa called and said the filming should be done before schedule. He suggest we eat dinner at a hotel
- Doremi: Dinner at a hotel? Hell yeah!
- Reiko: Hazuki-chan! Such vulgar language! (After Doremi strips) Hazuki-chan... You're weird...
- Doremi: Not at all...
- Doremi: Sorry, my magic expired. I'll cast the spell again.
- Hazuki: Wait, It's alright, I feel like I'm trying Doremi-chan's family. I didn't eat and Doremi-chan's mother and father were worried about me. They do fight but Doremi-chan is precious to them. So...
- Doremi: Your family too Hazuki-chan... Doremi-chan said she acted sick to skip a violin lesson, then it turned into a crisis. You have a great Papa and Mama.
- Hazuki: I think so too. Miss witch, please put Doremi-chan and I back to normal.
- The tap is seen without buttons when Majorika comes into Doremi's room. A few seconds later only half the buttons are on it.
- When Majorika gets onto Doremi's bed, the colors of the skirt are placed wrongly. Also note a strange, out of place line at the bottom of Doremi's ear.
- At the beginning of the episode when Doremi poses with her wand, its empty. But later when she ask for more magic spheres there's at least two inside of it.
- During the mirror scene, Doremi's earrings have a different shape.
- The wand is empty, right after Doremi had filled it up.
- During the scene where Doremi as Hazuki is undressing, The clothing is not seen on the floor while she strips. But as the skirt lowers and she takes off the socks, the clothing is in a pile by her.
- Also note the length of her skirt in this scene. It appears shorter than it should be.
- As Baaya agrees to call the doctor, her bottom half is cut off from the frame.
- Doremi's Poron is shown to be empty as she lands from her flight in her bedroom.
- Also note the lack of detailing on her tap.
- The red around Majorika's lips go missing when she yells at Doremi near the beginning of the episode.
- When Doremi returns to her bedroom and offers to change Hazuki back into her, the tap beads are missing.
- This episode originally aired on Hazuki's birthday.
- It is revealed in this episode that under her dress, Hazuki wears a white slip.