- "If we worked in the shop, wouldn't that be wonderful?"
- ―Hazuki Fujiwara
Hazuki Fujiwara is one of the main characters and deuteragonist in Ojamajo Doremi. She has been Doremi Harukaze's friend since childhood. As she began to express suspicion over how strange Doremi was acting, she was brought to the Maho-do with their new friend and classmate, Aiko Senoo. After witnessing Doremi speaking to Majorika it had been decided that they would also become Apprentice Witch in order to keep the secret.
Hazuki has fair skin and big brown eyes hidden behind a big pair of glasses. Her long brown hair is worn up in a ponytail held by an orange bow, with a long fringe hanging over the right of her face while her pointed bangs are cut very short. She normally wears a white button-up beneath a pale yellow and orange vest, an orange pleat skirt, white rolled socks, and brown loafers.
Starting with Motto, Hazuki's hair appears neater in styling. She now wears a chiffon blouse with white detail, collar, and buttons, along with a pastel orange skirt that has a fold on the corner bound by two straps, pale yellow socks, and her original loafers.
Initially, Hazuki was shown to be a delicate and shy girl who kept to herself and would never raise her voice or say anything to upset someone. She is sheltered and innocent-minded, and as such, she lacked the confidence to stand up for herself properly and tell people her earnest feelings. For the longest of the time, she desired to change herself, ignoring all of her good qualities until growing closer to the others and being supported by them.
While friendly and sweet, her passive and always-pleasing nature leads others to call her "naive". She will go to any length possible to make others happy, even if it means sacrificing her own happiness in the process. She can also make rash decisions in times like these and can become stubborn; although she also gives them a lot of thought beforehand and rarely regrets her actions.
She is very studious and has a busy lifestyle, not only playing the violin and doing ballet, but whatever else her mother wishes to get her involved in. She is formal and polite, and not-at-all spoiled despite being rich, showing a mature, motherly side around younger children and friends alike. Despite that, she can become threatening if witnessing any sort of "injustice", and is generally hard to calm down once riled up.
She is also easily frightened and high-strung, often panicking over the littlest of things, and struggles from a low endurance when it comes to physical activity.
Hazuki is an Orange Witch Apprentice and the second to join the group. Her yousei is Rere and her crystal ball is an orange heart. She and Aiko became Apprentice at the same time after Majorika caught them spying on her and Doremi in the shop, with Doremi revealing they accidentally saw her use magic. Hazuki promised to keep quiet and believed working in the shop and learning magic would be a lot of fun.
Like Aiko, Hazuki seemed to have "Beginners Luck", but Majorika began to question her credibility after watching her struggle to put on her uniform. Her very first spell brought a wind-up mouse to life and out of the trio she was deemed the best at spells.
- Transforming: Pretty Witch Hazukicchi!
- Spell: Paipai Ponpoi Puwapuwa Puu!
- Magical Stage: Paipai Ponpoi, Shinyaka ni!
- Patraine: Paipai Patraine!
Since she was little Hazuki has always been sensitive and quiet. She met Doremi and the others in kindergarten and befriended Masaru when he tried to cheer her up after the wind swept her hat into the nearby river.
Her best friend since they were little, and as such Hazuki can only be open about her feelings around her at first. They depend on each other to get through things, with Doremi encouraging her, and her managing to keep Doremi from getting too carried away.
Hazuki was concerned about Aiko's rudeness upon meeting her, but after Doremi revealed that Aiko was a lot nicer they become friends. Hazuki shows concern over Aiko when she's sad or angry, and Aiko is always offering a compliment for Hazuki to lift her spirits.
Due to similar traits, they get along very well and seem to mentally understand how the other is feeling without much being spoken.
At first, she was very upset and driven to tears after Momoko bluntly corrected her during her attempt to bake. After they made up they became quick friends. They are both easily frightened and often seek comfort in the other.
She helps Hana-chan with her studies and at first acted a lot like how her mother is with her until Doremi pointed it out. She is very gentle with Hana-chan and usually resorts to pleading if she behaves poorly.
She thinks Pop is very cute and mature.
Hazuki's other really close friend, who she met when they were little. She has deep-rooted feelings for him and can become withdrawn and depressed if she thinks he might be keeping something from her.
Light Novel Series
In Magical DoReMi, Hazuki Fujiwara is renamed Reanne Griffith. Rather than gentle and quiet, she comes off as "a superficial bookworm" with the occasional attitude while retaining her formal side. Her voice also makes her sound older than she is, while her original voice is young and high-pitched.
In other dubs
Visit this page
- Hazuki is shown performing ballet as she bakes.
- Out of the main group Hazuki is the fourth youngest.
- Hazuki is the second ojamajo to have a problem with their first transformation. Her glasses ended up snagging the dress and making it vanish when time ran out.
- She is good with origami.
- Her hair has never been shown fully down in the anime.
- In merchandise, her first name is sometimes written as "Hadzuki".
- The characters in Hazuki's name translate as Wisteria Meadow, Leaf Moon. (Fuji = Wisteria, Wara = Meadow, Ha = Leaf, Zuki/Tsuki = Moon.)
- Hazuki is the only character to find jokes considered "cold" amusing.
- During the first season, Hazuki had a glitch during her magic casting. Whenever she would twirl her wand and close her eyes, one of them would flash a sparkling gold color, the same as her magic.
- Another error happened in the group shot of Season 1. As the girls would land her boots turned pink for a split second.
- Hazuki likes eating fish, but not meat, although she does eat it out of courtesy.
- She also hates cucumbers.
- According to her birth year (1991), it is noticable that Hazuki might have skipped a grade.