"Why can't I say I don't want to?"
|I Become Hazuki-chan|
|Japanese Title|| 私、はづきちゃんになる!
Watashi, Hazuki-chan ni Naru!
|Dub Title||Being Dorie, Being Reanne|
|Air Date|| Feb 14, 1999 (JP)
Sep 17, 2005 (US)
|Next Episode||The transfer student from Naniwa! Aiko debuts!|
|Previous Episode||I'm Doremi! Becoming a Witch Apprentice!|
Hazuki Fujiwara is standing with the family maid, Baya. After the two exchange friendly farewells, Hazuki begins to walk down the steps. Baya tells her to have a nice day, but while on the steps Hazuki questions what would happen if she was to run away from home.
Doremi attempts to understand Hazuki after a minor conflict over comparing their lifestyles. In order to do so, she uses magic to make them turn into each other.
While Doremi admires herself in front of her mirror, Majorika appears and fusses over her lack of focus. Lala tries to explain to Doremi how bad it could be if someone catches her, but Doremi barely listens. She asks for more magic spheres and while filling her wand, they explain that she will need to start working at the store starting the day after to help pay for them. Suddenly someone knocks at the door and Majorika and Lala quickly take cover behind Doremi's bed after they help return her to normal.
In walks Pop, who came in to inform her that it was her turn for the bath, but before taking off she teases Doremi again. Seeing how late it is, Majorika also decides to leave as well. But before she does she reminds Doremi to come to the shop very early the next morning. Upset, Doremi attempts to argue back, but Majorika has already left, ignoring her protests.
The next day at the shop, Majorika complains about how late Doremi is when they hear a loud crash in the backyard. They come outside to find that Doremi is still struggling with her broom and after putting it away, she asks for the Magic Spheres. Lala brings out the bag to fill her wand and they discuss the exams she will need to take. For a moment, Doremi prepares to just quit until Lala brings up the reward for passing the exam: a fairy. While this perks Doremi up, she realizes how late she is for school and takes off.
Finding Hazuki heading up the path, Doremi runs to catch up with her. They begin to talk about each others lives and how easy they think the other has it, but after Doremi indirectly offends Hazuki she runs off in a huff. Unable to figure out what exactly happened, Doremi receives from advice from Yuki-Sensei after she bumps into her, and decides to confrotn Hazuki outside during their break.
Right away Doremi apologizes for what she said and they reconcile. After Hazuki says that she would rather have Doremi's life instead of her own, Doremi gets inspired and asks her to wait a moment. She runs off and changes into her witch apprentice form and returns, claiming to be a fairy who has come to grant Hazuki and Doremi's wish. She uses a spell to change their bodies, then after she returns as herself, they head for home while discussing important details they need to keep in mind.
First to arrive is Hazuki at the Harukaze household. She is unable to find anyone until she overhears Pop in the other room and finds her making origami shapes. Hazuki asks to join her, but accidentally offends Pop because of her insistence on calling her "Pop-chan". While aggrivated, Pop shows alarm when Hazuki is able to fold a perfect crane. Pop then shows their mother, Haruka, and they both note how Doremi's cranes usually turn out, causing Hazuki to realize she may not be very convincing.
Afterwards, Hazuki does a lot of chores around the home. Such as picking up an ingredient for dinner, answering a phone call and various other things, which causes the family to comment on how strange "Doremi" has been acting. Unable to think of why, they let it slide.
Meanwhile, Doremi is startled as she arrives to the Fujiwara household and is quickly forced to try on a cutesy, doll-like dress. After being scolded for swearing, Doremi makes an attempt to tell Hazuki's mother her true opinion on this outfit chosen for her, but seeing how sad it makes her, she chooses to lie and spare her feelings.
Back at the Harukaze household, Pop and "Doremi" are watching television when asked to get their father and inform him that it's time for dinner. Hazuki volunteers to do it and observes the fishing lures that Keisuke has been working on as she steps inside the room.
At Hazuki's, Doremi struggles to play the violin as Reiko and the instructor expresses concern.
Things are going fine with Hazuki and Keisuke until Doremi's mother comes in and scolds him for getting distracted and almost getting "Doremi" into the hobby. They argue, which Hazuki doesn't like and during dinner she tries to figure out how they can be on good terms so quickly.
Doremi comes up with the idea to fake an illness in order to get out of the violin lesson, but Hazuki's family overreacts and she is quickly thrown into bed.
The same happens to Hazuki after she refuses to eat the meal, which happens to be Doremi's favorite food: steak.
Hazuki's father arrives while a doctor is checking on her and deems her to be fine. Confused, her parents expect some answers and "Hazuki" claims that she must have just imagined the illness.
While laying in Doremi's bed, Hazuki resumes thinking over how chaotic Doremi's family behaves. They tend to fight and argue a lot, but they're very caring and nice deep down.
As this is going on, Doremi is thinking about how difficult life is for Hazuki, since she has to act mature and grown-up.
After some sleep, Hazuki catches her reflection to realize she is back to normal. She worries over Doremi, but thankfully Majorika has gone out to track down Doremi, halting her sleep by blocking her nose and mouth until she is forced to breath and wake up. Upon realizing what happened Doremi quickly changes and flies home, where she offers Hazuki a chance to recast the spell, but Hazuki stops her and tells her it isn't necessary. She misses her own family and is ready to go home now, so Doremi flies her back using her broom after a moment of bonding as they recall how their day went.
The next morning, Doremi rushes downstairs to dig into the steak Hazuki didn't touch the day before, but to her shock her family split it up and ate it, unaware that she would want it now. Despite her annoyance, they're relieved to see she is back to normal.
- Hazuki-chan become Doremi-chan!
- Become Hazuki-chan!
- Introduced: Baya, Reiko, Akira
- The term "Ojamajo" is explained in this episode.
- Doremi learns about Witch Exams.
- Doremi learns how one obtains Magical Spheres and is told that she will need to start working at the shop.
- Doremi: Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo, Majo!
- Majorika: Sheesh you Ojamajo!
- Doremi: Ojamajo?
- Majorika: A person like you who finds happiness dressing like a witch apprentice for no reason and is worth less then a witch apprentice that's also a nuisance! You understand?! Ojamajo!
- Majorika: Guess she'll have to pass the 9th class to ride a broom
- Doremi: 9th class?
- Lala: You need to pass the 9th class all the way up to the 1st class to become a real witch.
- Doremi: What?! There are test to become a witch?
- Majorika: Duh!
- Doremi: Then I quit!
- Hazuki: Eh? what's wrong Doremi-chan?
- Doremi: No, No, No, I'm not!
- Hazuki: But...
- Doremi: I'm Doremi-chan's friend witch, I'll grant your wish!
- Hazuki: what?
- Reiko: Papa called and said the filming should be done before schedule. He suggest we eat dinner at a hotel
- Doremi: Dinner at a hotel? Hell yeah!
- Reiko: Hazuki-chan! Such vulgar language! (After Doremi strips) Hazuki-chan... You're weird...
- Doremi: Not at all...
- Doremi: Sorry, my magic expired. I'll cast the spell again.
- Hazuki: Wait, It's alright, I feel like I'm trying Doremi-chan's family. I didn't eat and Doremi-chan's mother and father were worried about me. They do fight but Doremi-chan is precious to them. So...
- Doremi: Your family too Hazuki-chan... Doremi-chan said she acted sick to skip a violin lesson, then it turned into a crisis. You have a great Papa and Mama.
- Hazuki: I think so too. Miss witch, please put Doremi-chan and I back to normal.
- The tap is seen without buttons when Majorika comes into Doremi's room. A few seconds later only half the buttons are on it.
- When Majorika gets onto Doremi's bed, the colors of the skirt are placed wrongly. Also note a strange, out of place line at the bottom of Doremi's ear.
- At the beginning of the episode when Doremi poses with her wand, its empty. But later when she ask for more magic spheres there's at least two inside of it.
- During the mirror scene, Doremi's earrings have a different shape.
- The wand is empty, right after Doremi had filled it up.
- During the scene where Doremi as Hazuki is undressing, The clothing is not seen on the floor while she strips. But as the skirt lowers and she takes off the socks, the clothing is in a pile by her.
- Also note the length of her skirt in this scene. It appears shorter than it should be.
- As Baaya agrees to call the doctor, her bottom half is cut off from the frame.
- Doremi's Poron is shown to be empty as she lands from her flight in her bedroom.
- Also note the lack of detailing on her tap.
- The red around Majorika's lips go missing when she yells at Doremi near the beginning of the episode.
- When Doremi returns to her bedroom and offers to change Hazuki back into her, the tap beads are missing.
- This episode originally aired on Hazuki's birthday.
- It is revealed in this episode that under her dress, Hazuki wears a sleeveless white dress.