"I'm the world's most miserable pretty girl!"
|Name||春風どれみ Harukaze Doremi|
|Dub Name||Dorie Goodwyn|
|Birthday||July 30th, 1990|
|Debut||I'm Doremi! Becoming a Witch Apprentice!|
Doremi Harukaze led a very unlucky life full of arguing parents, a spiteful little sister, a hard time with her studies, and a lack of romance. After a disastrous day at school, Doremi finds herself at a strange magic shop she never noticed before. There, she recognizes the various signs of a witch with the mysterious owner and after calling her out, she watches as she becomes a magic frog. To fix everything the owner, Majo Rika, changes her into a Apprentice Witch in order to get changed back.
Doremi has fair skin and bright mulberry eyes. She has very long bright red hair she wears up in chignon (double buns) held by pink scrunchies with a single golden musical note pinned to one of them. Her bangs frame the upper part of her face, with a bunch brushed to the right.
Originally Doremi wore a carnation pink T-shirt tucked into her loose, pale pink denim shorts, a light purple tank-top. Her white and bright pink sneakers were accented by a dark pink line around the bottom and loose, short pale pink socks.
Starting with Motto, Doremi changed her attire. Her tank-top became a vest with a zipper and pockets while her shorts appeared less baggy with a belt. She kept her shoes and T-shirt, but her pale pink socks became stockings.
On the surface Doremi is a childish and simple-minded girl with a selfish nature. She also has short patience and is easily provoked, much to the amusement of others. She can be bossy and meddlesome but she usually means well.
One of Doremi's best known qualities is her big heart. She is very friendly towards others and will do what she can to help them, even if it would involve a big risk. While her nosy behavior can annoy others at times- Doremi will never give up and she has gone on to befriend many who are normally drawn in by her caring and easygoing nature. When she remains positive it is viewed as being infectious by others.
However, Doremi is also a girl who initially loathed herself and was filled with self-depreciation. She does poorly in just about everything and usually gets scolded for acting air-headed or clumsy, and normally suffers ridicule due to her passion for magic and witches by those who do not understand her that well. She is also very emotional and expressive when it comes to her feelings, being full of energy, passion, and vigor. But despite this she is also fairly lazy and longs for days when she can just lay around and relax.
Doremi loves to eat and has a tendency to complain or whine if she is forced into things. She can be a bit self-centered but she is a true friend to anyone in need- even those she doesn't particularly care for, like Kotake, Tamaki, or even Pop.
Doremi is the pink witch apprentice and the reason the term "ojamajo" was invented. She has a pink, bean shaped crystal ball and her yousei is Dodo. Doremi is thought of as the leader and can get envious or concerned when others show her up or perform better.
At first she was hesitant about becoming an apprentice, but she changed her mind after realizing she could cast real magic- something she has always be a fan of.
Doremi is regarded as being a very clumsy witch apprentice. She struggled when it came to very basic spells and they never worked as intended. Her spells originally also fizzed out pretty quickly, especially when she was hungry or flustered. At first Doremi was also in the habit of making greedy spells due to her gluttonous nature.
- Transforming: Pretty Witch Doremichi!
- Spell: Pirika pirilala poporina peperuto!
- Magical Stage: Pirika pirilala, Nobiyaka ni!
- Royal Patraine: Pirika Patraine!
Light Novel Series
Main article: Doremi Harukaze/Light Novel Series
When Doremi was a little girl, she was much like Dodo: very curious about the world around her and kind of clueless. She liked to see new things and often got into them without knowing any better. Her mother taught her how to play the piano, which ended in disaster after Doremi panicked and forgot how to play during a recital.
Haruka has also mentioned that when Doremi was a little girl, she acted a lot like Pop does now, in that she tried to be mature and act like an adult. But soon after Pop arrived, Doremi had become jealous and did not like the attention Pop was given. As a result, Doremi would often snub Pop when she would follow Doremi around and possibly because of this, Doremi wasn't aware of the jealousy and resentment Pop formed for her over the years.
- Fujiwara Hazuki: Because she and Hazuki grew up together, Doremi is the closest to her. They rarely ever fight but when they do, it tends to hurt the both of them deeply. Hazuki usually attempts to keep Doremi grounded while Doremi gives her encouragement to be more honest.
- Senoo Aiko: At first, Doremi disliked Aiko because she was rude and didn't seem to care about other people's feelings. However, she learned that Aiko wasn't really like this on purpose, and actually very nice. Doremi always lends a supportive shoulder to Aiko in times of need.
- Segawa Onpu: Doremi thinks Onpu is very cute despite her antagonist status and kept trying to convince her to stop using forbidden magic. She was delighted when Onpu officially joined them, and shows a dependant side on her at times.
- Momoko: Doremi was able to befriend Momoko with ease due to them being in the same class. They seem to be similar in more ways then one and due to this, and they get along very well.
- Hana-chan: She is considered to be her main "Mommy" and due to this, she is normally with her. During Dokkan they are often together, and also, near the end of Dokkan, Doremi snapped her out of sadness when she ran away.
- Kotake Tetsuya: He is in Doremi's class for six years, and loves to tease her. Every interaction they had has always been like a verbal spar of sorts; starting with Kotake taunting Doremi for various reasons (calling her "Dojimi"— a pun on her name and Japanese word for clumsy —or him eating the last bit of her steak, for example) and the latter chasing him in outrage. Despite this however, it is shown in some episodes that they care for each other's well-being more than they let on.
In Magical Doremi, Doremi has been renamed "Dorie Goodwyn". Compared to Doremi, Dorie seems to be less smart and has a tendency to yell a lot. Instead of Doremi's catchphrase, she often said she was "doomed" instead. Her voice is a bit lower than Doremi's, and at one point she said she owned a cat.
In Other Dubs
Visit this page
- Ice Cream Child
- Otome wa Kyuu ni Tomarenai
- Pirikapiri Lucky!
- Kitto Chanto Onnanoko
- 「Su」 no Tsuki Koibito
- "The world's most miserable pretty girl has become the world's happiest pretty girl..."
- "Happy! Lucky! For all of you!"
- "I'm the misunderstood little girl in the whole wide world!"
- Doremi has a lot of bad luck with both steak and ice cream, two of her favorite foods.
- Doremi has failed to transform twice.
- On the cover of a Chinese video or book, Doremi's shorts and socks were incorrectly colored bright pink.
- Doremi and Pop's hair and theme colors are interchangeable. Doremi is pink themed with red hair, while Pop is red themed with pink hair.
- Doremi gets the most big-mouthed or odd face moments in the show, often used to show her childish side.
- Doremi's hair has been shown down in the anime four times:
- After a bath in Sharp.
- The final episode of Sharp after her crystal ball shattered.
- The first episode of Naisho when she transformed into an adult.
- A Naisho episode when she was pretending to be a goddess in a fountain, though it is assumed most of it was just red extensions.
- Doremi was the oldest witch apprentice until Momoko joined.
- It was implied that Hana-chan's peach scrunchies were obtained from Doremi.
- Doremi is the only ojamajo with a sibling until Doremi 16, when they find out that Hana-chan has a twin sister.
- Doremi's first name comes from the first three notes of the "Do-re-mi" scale while the characters of her last name are translated as Spring Breeze (Haru = Spring, Kaze = Breeze).
- In one TCG, she cosplayed as Luffy, the main character from One Piece.
- The original first season group transformation featured an error with Doremi. As they would pose, her tap would lose its detailing.
- She is the second girl to have a long-running error in season 1, with Hazuki being the first.
- During a livestream on Niconico hosted by Hiromi Seki in September 2016, Hiromi revealed that Doremi's love for steak came from Yamada Takashi's daughter's tastes as a child.
For Doremi images, please visit: Doremi Harukaze/Gallery