"I'm the world's most miserable pretty girl!"
|Kanji||春風 どれみ Harukaze Doremi|
|Dub Name||Dorie Goodwyn|
|Birthday||July 30th, 1990|
To see Doremi as she appears in the light novel, visit:
Doremi Harukaze led a very unlucky life full of arguing parents, a spiteful little sister, a hard time with her studies, and a lack of romance. One day while wandering home she happened to come by a strange magic shop she never noticed before. There, she learned of the owner's true identity and was turned into a Apprentice Witch in order to change her back. A clumsy girl who happens to fall in love very easily and is always a true friend. Because of her passion for magic and witches, Doremi often deals with ridicule.
Doremi is a fair-skinned girl with bright mulberry colored eyes. She has very long, bright red hair worn in Chignon/Odango, held by pink scrunchies with a single golden musical note pinned to one of them. Her multiple bangs frame the upper part of her face and a bunch of them are centered towards the right.
Originally Doremi wore a Carnation Pink T-shirt tucked into her dull pink denim shorts with big pockets on both sides. On top of this was a light purple tank top and she also wore a pair of pale pink socks and white themed tennis shoes with bright pink accents.
During the last three series however, she switched her tanktop for a vest with a zipper and pockets, a less baggy pair of denim shorts worn with a belt, pale pink knee length socks, and the same shoes.
For swimming, Doremi usually puts on a magenta-red bikini outfit with the bottoms being a pair of shorts. During winter she can be seen with a purple sweater with a puffed deep red vest and pink scarf, a colorful coat, and a brown trench coat with many pockets, dark pink gloves, and a scarf. For bed time, Doremi wears a pair of pale pink pajamas with lavender music notes on them.
(For more outfits, visit Doremi Harukaze (Other outfits))
Normally Doremi shows a childish personality with a selfish, simple-minded nature from time to time. She is quick to anger if mocked, taunted, or bothered and is viewed by others to be troublesome. She can be bosy and meddle in others business, but this is only because Doremi feels the need to help others; no matter who they are. While annoying, this has led her to befriend many who have been drawn to her kind and caring side, while her easygoing and positive nature is viewed to be infectious by others.
Aware of her poor luck, Doremi has no problem with self-depreciation. She does poorly in everything and is often scolded for being so airheaded or clumsy. Despite her downsides though, she is also very hopeful and tries hard not to give up and will put others first.
She is also very emotional and expressive about her feelings. Normally, Doremi is full of energy and vigor, but there are times where she can be lazy and not want to do anything. She may complain and whine when forced into things. She can also be depressive from time to time, or even self-centered.
As an Apprentice WitchDoremi is the pink Ojamajo and the first girl to form the group. She has a pink, bean shaped crystal ball and her yousei is Dodo.
Doremi is thought of as the leader and can get envious or concerned when others show her up or perform better. At first she was hesitant about becoming an apprentice, but she changed her mind after realizing she could cast real magic.
Like how she is normally, Doremi is also a clumsy witch apprentice. She struggled when it came to very basic spells and they never worked as intended. Her spells originally also fizzed out pretty quickly, especially when she was hungry or flustered. At first Doremi was also in the habit of making greedy spells due to her gluttonous nature.
- Transforming: Pretty Witch Doremichi!
- Spell: Pirika pirilala poporina peperuto!
- Magical Stage: Pirika pirilala, Nobiyakani!
- Royal Patraine: Pirika Patraine!
PastWhen Doremi was a little girl, she was much like Dodo: Very curious about the world around her and kind of clueless. She liked to see new things and often got into them without knowing any better. Her mother taught her how to play the piano, which ended in disaster after Doremi panicked and forgot how to play during a recital.
Haruka has also mentioned that when Doremi was a little girl, she acted a lot like Poppu and tried to act mature and adult-like. Soon after Pop arrived, Doremi had become jealous and did not like the attention Pop was given. As a result, Doremi would often snub Pop when she would follow Doremi around and possibly because of this, Doremi wasn't aware of the jealousy and resentment Pop formed for her over the years.
Hazuki - Because she and Hazuki grew up together, Doremi is the closest to her. They rarely ever fight but when they do, it tends to hurt the both of them deeply. Hazuki usually attempts to keep Doremi grounded while Doremi gives her encouragement to be more honest.
Aiko: At first, Doremi disliked Aiko because she was rude and didn't seem to care about other people's feelings. However, she learned that Aiko wasn't really like this on purpose, and actually very nice. Doremi always lends a supportive shoulder to Aiko in times of need.
Onpu: Doremi thinks Onpu is very cute despite her antagonist status and kept trying to convince her to stop using forbidden magic. She sometimes shows a dependent side towards Onpu.
Momoko: Doremi was able to befriend Momoko with ease due to them being in the same class. They seem to be similar in more ways then one and due to this, and they get along very well.
Hana-chan: She is considered to be her main "Mommy" and due to this, she is normally with her. During Dokkan they are often together, and also, near the end of Dokkan, Doremi snapped her out of sadness when she ran away.
In Magical Doremi, Doremi has been renamed "Dorie Goodwyn". Compared to Doremi, Dorie appears to be more clueless about things and has a tendency to yell a lot more and instead of Doremi's normal catchphrase, she will proclaim that she is doomed instead. Her voice appears lower then Doremi's, and she also owned a cat at some point.
Other Voice Actors and Names
- France: Doremi's name is spelled "DoReMi" and she is voiced by Laurence Saquet.
- Germany: DoReMi, voiced by Simone Brahmann.
- Hong Kong: Cheunfung DoReMi, voiced by Leung Siuha
- Italy: Doremi, voiced by Marcella Silvestri.
- Korea: Do Remi, voiced by Bak Yeonghee (1, sharp, and motto) Yang Jeonghwa (Dokkan)
- Mexico: Doremi, voiced by Vanessa Acosta and Claudia Mota.
- Portugal: Doremi, voiced by Babara Lourenco and Catarina Santos
- Spain: Doremi, voiced by Blanca Rada
- Taiwan: Shunfeng DoReMi, voiced by Yang Kaikai
- English Dub: Dorie Goodwyn, voiced by Amy Palant.
- Icecream Child
- Otome wa Kyuu ni Tomarenai
- Pirikapiri Lucky!
- Kitto Chanto Onnanoko
- 「Su」 no Tsuki Koibito
"The worlds most miserable pretty girl has become the world's happiest pretty girl..."
- Doremi has a lot of bad luck with both steak and ice cream, two of her favorite foods.
- Doremi has failed to transform twice.
- On the cover of what looked to be a chinese video or book, Doremi's shorts and socks were incorrectly colored bright pink.
- Doremi and Pop's hair and theme colors are interchangeable. Doremi is pink with red hair, while Pop is red with pink hair.
- Doremi gets the most big-mouthed or odd face moments, often used to show her childish side.
- Doremi's hair has been shown down in the anime four times:
- After a bath in Sharp.
- The final episode of sharp after her crystal ball shattered.
- The first episode of Naisho when she transformed into an adult.
- A Naisho episode when she was pretending to be a goddess in a fountain, though most of it was extensions from the result of magic.
- Doremi shares many similarities with Sailor Moon:
- Both have a childish personality
- Both are Tempermental
- Both can be incredibly clumsy and suffer injuries a lot.
- Both love to eat
- Both can be lazy.
- They both love Pink.
- Both are the Leader/main character of their respective series.
- Both have their respective series named after them, mainly their "Magical Girl" side.
- Long hair worn with or in odango
- Boy crazy girls who end up with the guy who harassed them growing up.
- Both have an annoying younger sibling. Pop for Doremi and Shingo for Sailor Moon.
- Both gain a baby member in their group. Hana-chan for Ojamajo, and Chibi Chibi for Sailor Moon.
- Both also have similar relatives who also are alike in terms of behavior and appearance. Pop for Doremi and Chibiusa for Sailor Moon.
- Doremi was the oldest witch apprentice until Momoko joined.
- Its implied that Doremi has more hair scrunchies other then her normal pair, as it was shown that Hana-chan got her peach winged scrunchies from Doremi.
- Doremi is the only Ojamajo with a sibling until Doremi 16 when it's revealed that Hana-chan has a twin sister.
- Doremi's first name comes from the first three notes of the "Do-re-mi" scale while the characters of her last name translate as Spring Breeze (Haru = Spring, Kaze = Breeze).
- A TCG depicted Doremi cosplaying as Luffy from One Piece.
- During the first season group transformation, Doremi's tap is shown to lack detail when they pose.
- Doremi first found her love of steak after a bad recital when she was a toddler.
For Doremi images, please visit: Doremi Harukaze Gallery